~ Welcome to Our Parish! ~
As Byzantine Catholics, we are part of one of the 24 sui juris (self-governing) churches within the universal Catholic Church. While our cultural expressions differ, we are in full communion with the Pope and the Church of Rome.
St. Pius X Byzantine Catholic Church was established June 1954 to serve the spiritual needs of Byzantine Catholics of the Pittsburgh Central South Hills areas. The existing church building was dedicated on May 19, 1974 which also commemorated the May 19, 1954 canonization of our parish’s patron saint, Saint Pius X.
Our Divine Liturgy was penned by Saint John Chrysostom, Archbishop of Constantinople in the 5th century. Today this same Liturgy is celebrated almost entirely in English. Both priest and congregation sing their participation.
For an extensive historical review of our church, visit the wonderful Wiki entry done by the Carrick-Overbrook Historical Society:
Schedule and Bulletin
Come Worship With Us!
Sixth Hour ~ Noon
Confession ~ 11am
Divine Liturgy ~ Noon
Divine Liturgy ~ 9am
For full weekly schedules and feast day services, please check our bulletin.